Dear musiConnects families,
Following the news of Boston Public Schools’ closure, musiConnects programming has moved *online* until Monday, May 4th. We know it’s possible to make progress on our instruments at home, and we want music to keep brightening the days! With that in mind...
* Your child’s teacher should have been in touch with options for 1:1 lessons, whether via a video call (Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Google, WhatsApp, etc.) or message exchange.
* In addition, we’ll be filling this page with lots of resources, such as how-to videos, challenges, and links to free concerts that you can watch from your home. Please check back frequently, and let us know if there is something you’d like to see here!
Please stay healthy & well, and we’ll look forward to making music together again, in the not-too-distant future. If you have any questions about our remote learning, or need help getting in the swing of music-at-home, feel free to contact David (firstname.lastname@example.org, 708.623.9614).
Musical challenges for the bored-at-home!
Week 2: The Soundtrack Challenge!
Here’s how it works.
1) Check out this adorable video of the Shedd Aquarium penguins.
2) Come up with your own soundtrack for the penguin adventure...
3) Once you have something you like, record yourself playing it, or write down your ideas.
4) Send it to your teacher, and we’ll feature your music on Facebook & Instagram.
Ready... set... go!
Tips & Tricks
How Do I Practice?!?!
A few years ago, the musiConnects teachers filmed a video to help students solve the mystery of at-home-practice. Check it out for some ideas! Bonus points if you can figure out the owner of the mystery hand...!
Hall of Fame
These students recently completed their "Belt Showcase," moving up to a new level in our graded curriculum! Congratulations & bravi tutti!!